Goal setting is a popular topic in business. Today, we are going to break it down in a way that you may not have thought about before so that you can take action to achieve the goals you set for yourself, instead of staying stuck in the same old cycles that keep you and your business stagnant. We’ll cover setting the right goals, how to handle obstacles and what you need to do to take massive action.
Here’s a peek into what you will hear during this episode:
- Becoming a master in achieving your goals requires a dual focus: The mechanics or logistics of the goal and who you have to become to achieve your goal. Both need to be incorporated into setting the goal.
- Creating sustainable results can only happen when you set intentional goals and work consistently to achieve them.
- Setting the right goals takes some thought. They should be SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound.
- We are conditioned to avoid failure. In turn, this makes us play small and stay safe in our comfort zones.
- Get intimate with your goals, if you don’t desire a goal at a level 10, you will have trouble staying focused and committed to it.
- Allow your goals to become a part of your everyday life so that everything you do points toward achieving them.
- Find people in your life who will support your dream and will not let you play small.
- When you are goal setting, think about obstacles that can arise and come up with strategies to push past them. Be proactive instead of reactive.
- Take massive action until you get the results you want.
Resources mentioned in this episode and more . . .
If you’d like to dive into this deeper and work through this process together, sign up for my Get It Done Girl: Achieve Any Goal You Set In 21 Masterclass. In this class, we will take a deeper dive into each of the steps that I outlined in the podcast so you can create goals that make a difference for you. The masterclass will have a limit of 20 people so that we can really roll up our sleeves and get some work done.